From a beaten up and tired looking pair of trainers, a scratched belt plate or mud-sodden rucksack, accessories are always noticed. Essential to an outfit yet a lot of the time purely ignored, accessories have the power to change an outfit entirely. Below is a multi-tasking list of recommended accessories to take you from weekends away, black tie occasions or even work wear.
- A leather belt – To make an outfit look pulled together, a belt is a must. Stick to classic black and brown leather styles with silver fastenings and/or buckles too. Purchase in both colours, or look for a reversible black/brown belt to save your pennies – suit retailers including Moss Bros or Austin Reed stock great traditional-looking accessories.
- Pair of sunglasses – There’s nothing like a pair of Rayban aviator sunglasses to add a touch of cool finesse to an outfit, and this style like Converse plimsolls never seem to date. Although make sure to have a trying on session in store to find the right style for you, spending more on designer sunglasses can also guarantee you get quality lenses, but save the fashion-forward and on-trend styles to cheaper high-street stores.
- A watch – The raise of smart phones have meant the joys of carrying a Filofax and wearing a watch have diminished over the years, with people resorting to peering at their phone for the time instead of simply glancing at a sophisticated time piece. A silver or gold watch is your ‘go with everything’ timeless style, just as great with a t-shirt as it is in the office.
- Pair Of Leather Gloves – Rock stars to politicians, most of them own a pair of luxury leather gloves to guard their hands from the cold each winter. Hard-wearing and stylish, leather gloves are much better than wool gloves which can look tired quickly – A truly sophisticated addition to your winter wardrobe.
- Leather holdall – You can’t go wrong with a medium-sized leather holdall. Like leather gloves and belts, this super strong material stays looking well-groomed at all times – much better than its canvas holdall counterpart. A leather holdall can be used for many occasions including trips to the gym and weekends away.